Chimney Cleaning Service
Serving Northern VA, Maryland & DC for Over 30 Years!
Have you have noticed strange smells near your fireplace? Are you concerned about creosote buildup and the associated safety hazards? It’s best to call the professional chimney cleaners at Chimney.com.
For more than 30 years, our team has helped homeowners by providing chimney inspections, chimney repairs, and other chimney services in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia. We are fully licensed and insured, and we guarantee our work.
What To Expect During a Chimney Cleaning Service
Chimney.com provides professional chimney cleaning in Maryland, DC, and Virginia. Here’s a brief overview of our cleaning process.
- Remove soot and creosote deposits. Our professionals will get on your roof and use professional-grade cleaning tools to remove soot and creosote from your chimney’s flue. Creosote is a toxic byproduct of burning wood that needs to be removed regularly. Once we have finished running our brushes on rods up and down your chimney, we will visually inspect our work for thoroughness.
- Clean out the smoke chamber. We will run small brushes into the smoke chamber of your fireplace and then either scoop or vacuum the soot and creosote from the smoke shelf.
- Vacuum out the firebox. We’ll use our specialized brushes to clear the firebox of any debris and then look more closely at the condition of each part of this system.
If you need professional chimney cleaning services, trust the experts at Chimney.com to provide you with unmatched expertise and customer service. Contact us to schedule service in Silver Spring, Herndon, Chevy Chase, or any other DMV area.
Benefits of Chimney Cleaning
Having your chimney cleaned by a professional is more than good housekeeping — it’s essential for the safety of your home. Other benefits include:
- Preventing carbon monoxide poisoning – Chimney cleaning ensures adequate airflow so carbon monoxide exits the chimney rather than seeping back into your home.
- Improving home heating efficiency – A clean chimney helps wood-burning fireplaces burn logs more thoroughly and efficiently by letting oxygen reach the burnbox.
- Simplifying fireplace inspections – After a professional chimney cleaning, a chimney sweep can inspect your chimney without obstruction from soot and creosote buildups.
- Preventing chimney fires – Burning wood creates creosote, a sticky, highly flammable substance that could start a chimney fire and destroy your home.
- Keeping smoke flowing out – Just as carbon monoxide can back up in a dirty chimney and enter your home, so can smoke. A clean chimney keeps smoke and ash from causing damage to furniture, rugs, and clothing.
If you need professional chimney cleaning services in the DC, MD, or VA area, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Chimney.com team today!
Where Are Chimney Services Available?
Our service area includes most of Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC. Here’s a partial list of cities we serve.
- College Park
- Great Falls
- Chevy Chase
- Ellicott City
- West Friendship
- North Laurel
- Silver Spring
- Washington DC
Don’t see your city listed? We may still offer chimney services in your area — contact us to inquire!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you protect my house while cleaning my chimney?
Soot and ash can be messy if they’re scattered around your home. We always use dropcloths in front of your fireplace and any part of your home that could be affected. We also use an industrial vacuum to collect any debris created from the cleaning.
How often should I clean my chimney?
Annual chimney cleaning is a critical first defense against problems that could lead to expensive chimney repairs later. We recommend having your chimney cleaned once a year to reduce the risks to you, your loved ones, and your property.
What is creosote? Is it dangerous?
When you use your fireplace, a residue called creosote builds up in the flue. In its early stages, creosote buildup is a dark, flakey substance that collects along the flue tiles. While it isn’t usually dangerous on its own, addressing creosote during stage one is important. Once creosote reaches stage two, it becomes much more difficult to clean and can start to affect the effectiveness of your chimney. At stage three, creosote is extremely flammable and a serious fire hazard.
Give us a call today at (301) 989-3300 to discuss your needs and schedule a visit for inspection or maintenance in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC, area!
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.