Our company is expanding! We are seeking motivated, diligent chimney technicians/salespersons to join our team ASAP. We are a .com distributor and full service contractor business providing chimney products and services to the DMV area for over 30 years; commercial and residential. We have received Angie’s List Super Service Award four consecutive years and we are the only chimney company in the state of Maryland licensed to do work on gas appliances. Our office is located in Silver Spring, Maryland. We are looking for the best candidates to help us thrive. You should be well mannered, reliable and have an eye for attention to detail. We are willing to train capable individuals and there is plenty of room for advancement! Candidates may be required to pass drug screening.
Chimney Technicians are responsible for servicing chimneys and fireplaces and completing repairs. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning wood burning and appliance venting flues.
- Minor brick and mortar work.
- Servicing and diagnosing gas fireplaces.
- Installation of wood stoves, wood and gas inserts, gas log sets, chimney caps, dampers, and chimney liners.
- Communicate with customers on repairs made.
- Complete paperwork associated with jobs completed.
- Maintain company vehicle and tools.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- The candidate will need to be able to work on a team with others and be able to follow instruction.
- Reliable transportation to our office location, a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record in order to legally operate company vehicles.
- The candidate should have knowledge of safety regulations and follow them at all times.
- Must be comfortable with heights and working on roofs.
- The ability to operate power tools and lift heavy objects.
- Be organized and keep records of materials, hours, and work performed at each job.
- Professionalism in communication.
Job Types: Full-time
- Chimney Technician Salary: $45,000-$55,000
- Salesperson Salary: $65,000+
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.