Gas Fireplace Installation in DC, MD & VA
As warm summer days give way to cool autumn nights, imagine cozying up in the warmth and comfort of a gas fireplace. Now imagine a new gas fireplace in your living room, bedroom, or bathroom.
Chimney.com has been a gas fireplace installer in Washington, DC, serving Northern Virginia and suburban markets since 1989. We’ve helped hundreds of DC-area homeowners enjoy the charm, convenience, and warmth of easy, affordable gas fireplaces.
We’re also licensed by WSSC Master Plumber and Gasfitter, which is important when choosing a gas fireplace installer in Maryland.
Contact us to get a price estimate for installing a gas fireplace or schedule installation in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC. Call (301) 989-3300 today to speak with a representative.
Why Install a Gas Fireplace?
Beauty, warmth, charm, and convenience — with so much to offer, a gas fireplace is a perfect addition to homes in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Benefits of installing a gas fireplace include:
- Ease of use: While there’s no denying the allure of a wood-burning fireplace, you can’t beat a gas fireplace for ease of use. No need to find and chop firewood — just flip a switch to enjoy your gas fireplace instantly. In fact, some can even be controlled with a remote control.
- Versatility: Gas fireplaces can be installed in more areas of a home than other heating sources because they don’t need a chimney. You can install a gas fireplace in a bedroom or bathroom — perfect for a chilly fall morning in Northern Virginia or suburban Maryland.
- Safety: Unlike a wood fireplace, a gas fireplace has no sparks, open flames, or toxic fumes. It’s no wonder families with children and pets love gas fireplaces!
- Low maintenance: Since gas fireplaces don’t produce creosote or ash, there’s less cleanup involved than a wood fireplace.
- Warmth: We can install a built-in blower so your gas fireplaces can provide warmth throughout your home.
- Better for the environment: Gas fireplaces produce fewer emissions than wood-burning fireplaces — take comfort in doing your part to minimize your environmental impact.
- Cost-effectiveness: Gas fireplaces are affordable to install and can lower your energy bills.
Want to learn more? Ready to get started on a new gas fireplace for your home? Contact us for an estimate or call (301) 989-3300 to speak with a representative.
Vented Gas Fireplace vs. Ventless Gas Fireplace
The fireplace installers at Chimney.com are licensed to install vented and ventless fireplaces in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
If you’re considering a new gas fireplace, one of the first decisions you’ll need to make is choosing between a direct vent fireplace and a ventless fireplace.
Direct vent fireplaces pull air into a sealed firebox from outside your home. Cool air from inside your home is drawn into a separate chamber, warmed by the heat of the fire, and blown back into the room with a built-in fan. Fumes from the fire are vented through a flue or a vent pipe. A direct vent fireplace is the safest option for getting carbon monoxide out of your home. Vented gas fireplaces can also produce more heat than ventless fireplaces.
Ventless fireplaces work by drawing air for combustion directly from your room and heating that air. Ventless fireplaces are incredibly fuel-efficient because most of the heat stays in your home; however, because ventless fireplaces don’t remove emissions from the home, they are built smaller and thus produce less heat compared to vented gas fireplaces.
Ventless fireplaces are banned in some cities and states, so call us to see if installing a ventless gas fireplace is possible in your area.
Can I Convert a Wood-Burning Fireplace to a Gas Fireplace?
Yes, you can change a wood fireplace to a gas fireplace. We can install gas logs or a gas fireplace insert to switch your fireplace to clean, affordable natural gas. To learn about gas fireplace conversion services in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC, contact us at (301) 989-3300.
Converting a Wood Fireplace Using Gas Logs
There are two requirements when converting a fireplace to gas using gas logs:
- First, is a gas source available? If we need to install a gas line, the job requires a bit more work, but it’s still doable.
- Second, will the existing fireplace support the safe burning of gas? The only way to know for sure is to have our technician inspect your fireplace flue and determine if it’s safe to convert to a gas fireplace.
Installing gas logs into an existing fireplace is possible in both prefabricated fireplaces and masonry chimney systems.
Converting a Wood Fireplace Using a Gas Insert
Gas fireplace inserts are popular in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC, homes. Installing gas inserts in a wood-burning fireplace is a straightforward conversion assuming the home has a functional gas supply.
Call today at (301) 989-3300 to learn more about installing gas fireplace inserts.
Why Do So Many Washington, DC Homeowners Choose Chimney.com?
Not all DC-area gas fireplace installers are created equal. We are WSSC-certified gas fitters, which allows us to service every aspect of your gas fireplace — no need to hire multiple contractors! You should only hire a WSSC-certified installer for a gas fireplace in Maryland.
At Chimney.com, our goal is to complete the work on time and within budget, using only the highest quality parts available. We guarantee the quality of our work and can provide numerous references for you to contact. Whether you’re looking to install a gas fireplace in Alexandria, Silver Spring, Herndon, Dupont Circle, or any other DMV area, we’re equipped and ready for your project!
For more information about installing a gas burner, gas insert, or gas fireplace, please contact Chimney.com today. We have served the MD, DC, and VA area since 1989.
Where are Gas Fireplace Services Available?
Our service area includes most of Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC. Here’s a partial list of cities we serve.
- College Park
- Great Falls
- Chevy Chase
- Ellicott City
- West Friendship
- North Laurel
- Silver Spring
- Washington DC
Don’t see your city listed? We may still offer Gas Fireplace services in your area; contact us to inquire!
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.