Chimney, Fireplace & Appliance Relining Services
Serving Northern VA, Maryland & DC for Over 30 Years!
Your fireplace and chimney work hard to keep you and your home warm and toasty when the temperatures drop. Additionally, you likely rely on a water heater and a furnace or boiler to meet your many heating needs. Because these things are so heavily depended upon, it’s critical to ensure they are always running as safely and smoothly as possible, and this can be done so by guaranteeing the lining for each system is well-equipped to combat the heat! Chimney.com offers relining services that’ll keep you and your loved ones better protected from the risks of things like damages and fires.
What Is Fireplace and Chimney Relining?
Your chimney’s liner is the noncombustible channel that all smoke and gases pass through as they are exiting your system; it can be found inside the chimney and operates as a second mechanism from the actual chimney structure. Common choices for chimney lining include:
- Stainless steel liners: Stainless steel is one of the most protective materials you can select for your relining project as they offer many fire-protective benefits and are a great investment over time. We will always recommend this material!
- Clay tile liners: When installed professionally, clay tile liners can last up to 50 years; the issue with this type of material, though, is that it is difficult to replace without breaking through the walls of your chimney.
- Cast-in-place liners: Created with cement, these liners are durable and offer great insulation properties, which, in turn, reduces the amount of creosote output, keeping your chimney clean and working well. This method is not recommended, however, as it is next to impossible to remove the cement lining should damages occur.
Don’t wait to schedule with us! Call (301) 989-3300 to set up a fireplace/chimney relining service.
Signs It’s Time To Reline Your Chimney/Fireplace
When things with your chimney/fireplace lining fail you, it’s crucial to schedule a relining service before its next use. A few reasons to consider a relining service include:
- Your home/commercial building is old and does not currently have a lining
- There is an overabundance of condensation in your chimney that can lead to premature deterioration
- You are converting your fireplace from gas-burning to wood-burning or vice-versa
- Your gas-fueled appliance is venting into a masonry chimney as opposed to a stainless steel-lined chimney
Appliance Relining Services
While it’s crucial to ensure your chimney and fireplace are properly lined, it’s also important to keep your home’s appliances in check! Any unit that utilizes fuel to produce heat can pose a fire hazard; ensuring the appliance’s lining is intact and fitted properly is your best bet at improving its performance and limiting the risks of a fire! The appliances we providing relining services for include:
- Water heaters
Consider Chimney.com for Exceptional Relining Services!
For the past 30 years, Chimney.com has honed our craft to be able to deliver top-notch relining services to our Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC, communities. Since 1989, we have only used premium chimney materials to tackle each and every project, and we proudly offer free estimates on our services so you’re never hit with unknown costs. We are one of the only companies in the metropolitan area licensed by the WSSC, so you can rest assured knowing you’re in great hands with us!
Our Service Area
- College Park
- Great Falls
- Chevy Chase
- Ellicott City
- West Friendship
- North Laurel
- Silver Spring
- Washington DC
Don’t see your city listed? We may still offer chimney services in your area — contact us to inquire!
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.