Professional Chimney Relining Services in DC, MD & VA
Expert Chimney Relining ― Serving Northern VA, Maryland & DC for Over 30 Years!
Chimney Relining Services in DC, MD & VA
Relining is one of the most important aspects of your chimney, and damage to your chimney’s lining can spell trouble for your entire system. Chimney.com has completed countless relining services for both residential and commercial customers, and we’ve seen it all. We know firsthand how important it is to stay on top of your chimney’s structural needs so that it can operate at peak performance for decades to come.
What Is Chimney Lining?
Your chimney’s liner is the noncombustible channel that all smoke and gases pass through as they are exiting your system. It’s located inside the chimney and operates as a second mechanism from the actual chimney structure.
What are common chimney liner choices?
Stainless steel liners: These are a great option and are built to withstand the corrosive environment in which they operate. Stainless steel liners are highly favored by fire-protection experts and come with a lifetime guarantee. They are typically more expensive, but considered to be a great investment for the safety and peak performance of your fireplace.
Clay tile liners: These are a popular choice as they are more affordable and can last for up to 50 years if installed professionally. However, they are typically installed during the initial chimney building process and are difficult to replace without breaking through chimney walls. We recommend a less intrusive solution by installing a stainless steel liner which carries a lifetime guarantee.
As of 2015, the state of Maryland determined that traditional clay flue tiles were not sufficient for chimneys venting gas appliances. WSSC enforces this regulation requiring homeowners to upgrade their flue with an approved U.L. listed stainless steel liner when a gas appliance is installed and/or vented through a masonry chimney. This particular relining must be done by a WSSC licensed company and be inspected by WSSC upon completion.
- Cast-in-place liners: These ultra-durable liners are created with cement and have great insulation properties, helping your fireplace burn more cleanly, reducing the amount of toxic creosote output. This process has been used in the past to replace the original terra cotta clay tiles. We do not recommend this method due to the fact that when it fails, it can be virtually impossible to remove considering most times it is poured in place similar to concrete.
Signs Your Chimney Needs to Be Relined
As your chimney ages, it’s important to take stock of your liner’s condition. A failing liner could put you and those around you at serious risk.
What are signs your chimney needs to be relined?:
- Your home or building is older and doesn’t currently have a liner. If your residential or commercial property is on the older side, it’s likely it doesn’t have a liner at all. If this is the case, it’s important to have your chimney lined right away. Chimney lining can resolve many hazardous issues, while also prolonging the life of your chimney significantly.
- You have condensation in your chimney. Moisture of any kind in your chimney leads to premature deterioration, which can spell big problems. A new liner will play an instrumental role in insulating your chimney to keep moisture out.
- You’re converting your fireplace. If you’re converting your current fireplace from gas-burning to wood-burning, or vice versa, it’s critical to install a new liner that is optimal for your chimney’s new burning method. All of our liners are U.L. listed stainless steel and lifetime guaranteed.
- Your gas appliance is venting into a masonry chimney. New WSSC code regulations require that all gas appliances be vented into a U.L. listed stainless steel liner. Ours are guaranteed for life!
Why Choose Chimney.com for Your Washington, DC, Maryland & Virginia Area Chimney Relining Services?
Most people don’t know that chimney relining services for a gas appliance require a company to be licensed by WSSC with a master plumber or gasfitters’ license. Fortunately, we are one of the few chimney companies in the area to have such a license, paired with over two decades worth of industry expertise.
We are seasoned pros when it comes to providing customers with chimney relining options at an affordable price. Customer satisfaction is our guarantee, and we’re here for all of your chimney relining, repair, inspection, and cleaning needs year-round!
If you’d like more information on our professional chimney relining services or the processes we use, please reach out today! We are happy to provide you with everything you need to know to make the best decision for your property’s chimney relining needs!
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.