Fireplace Services in MD, DC & VA
Every home and business in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC needs a safe, reliable way to stay warm when the weather turns cold. While a furnace may get the job done, there’s nothing quite like snuggling up by the fire on a snowy winter’s day. Whether you’re looking to install a gas fireplace for the first time, or your existing fixture needs some attention, Chimney.com has you covered. Our fireplace experts have been serving the DC metro area for over 30 years.
Want to learn more? Ready to schedule services? Please contact Chimney.com today to get started!
Gas Fireplace Installations
Nothing compares to the flickering light and cozy warmth of a fireplace. When you install a gas burner, insert, or built-in fireplace, you can enjoy these benefits with the flick of a switch. Chimney.com helps homes and businesses convert wood-burning fireplaces to gas fireplaces. We even install new gas fireplaces from scratch, with no existing chimney or flue required!
Here’s a look at our gas fireplace installation options:
- Gas burners: If you already have a wood-burning fireplace, simplify the process of lighting a fire by converting it to a gas log fireplace. This cost-effective upgrade comes in vented and vent-free configurations based on your needs.
- Gas inserts: For exceptional heat and functionality from your fireplace, consider installing a gas insert. The upfront price is higher than a gas burner, but operating costs are lower, which could make it less costly in the long run. The aesthetic value from sleek interior options and eye-catching surrounds is enough to transform the look of any room.
- Built-in gas fireplaces: If your home or business currently has no fireplace, this is the only option available. Choose a vented option if you want the look of a traditional fireplace with a masonry chimney. Vent-free models let you enjoy the beauty and functionality of a fireplace with no chimney required.
Gas Fireplace Repairs
It’s discouraging when you want to use your fireplace but it’s not working correctly. Before you schedule gas fireplace repair, try troubleshooting the problem yourself. We suggest looking for tripped breakers, adjusting the thermostat setting, and checking for a blown-out pilot light. If nothing you try seems to work, get in touch with us today.
We can help resolve any problem with your gas fireplace, including:
- Fireplace not turning on: When basic troubleshooting tips don’t work, the issue might stem from a faulty gas valve, propane tank, or gas line. For your safety, leave these sorts of repairs to a professional.
- Strange odors: Don’t worry if your new fireplace produces an odd smell. However, if the odor resembles rotten eggs, this could indicate a gas leak, which requires immediate attention.
- Unusual noises: Gas fireplaces should operate virtually soundlessly. Call for a repair if you hear rumbling, roaring, grinding, or shrieking.
- Soot buildup: Excessive soot indicates a problem with the airflow, chimney, firebox, or burner. All of these problems require help from a professional fireplace repair company.
- Cloudy glass: If condensation forms on the glass, a white film could develop as minerals in the water are left behind. This is no cause for concern, but you may need to clean the glass to remove the cloudiness.
Where are Gas Fireplace Services Available?
Our service area includes most of Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC. Here’s a partial list of cities we serve.
- College Park
- Great Falls
- Chevy Chase
- Ellicott City
- West Friendship
- North Laurel
- Silver Spring
- Washington DC
Don’t see your city listed? We may still offer Gas Fireplace services in your area contact us to inquire!
Schedule Fireplace Services in MD, DC & VA
Not all fireplace service companies are created equal. At Chimney.com, we have been exceeding customer expectations since 1989. Whether you hire us to install a new gas fireplace or repair the one you already have, we promise to complete the work on time and within budget. Enjoy peace of mind when you choose us for the job, knowing that your satisfaction is guaranteed!
To schedule fireplace service and repair in the DC metro area, please contact Chimney.com today.
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.