Chimney Restoration in DC, MD & VA
Your chimney’s position on the roof means it’s constantly exposed to rain, snow, wind, and the freeze-thaw cycle of winter. It may seem odd, but water leaks are more destructive to a masonry chimney than heat from a fire. If water penetrates your chimney, the structural stability of the bricks and stones may be in jeopardy. The internal liner could also be damaged. A complete restoration or rebuild may be required to prevent your chimney from collapsing.
Chimney.com is here to help! We have been offering chimney services to residents and commercial building owners in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC for over 30 years. We are committed to helping your chimney and fireplace operate safely for many winters to come.
To request chimney restoration or rebuilding in MD, DC, or VA, please contact us today.
What is Chimney Restoration?
Depending on the damage your chimney has sustained, restoration efforts may include any of the following:
- Tuck-pointing is the process of removing crumbling mortar and “tucking” new mortar in its place. With the proper methods, tuck-point work can blend in with the original mortar for a seamless look.
- Crown masonry restoration involves repairing or replacing the chimney crown to protect the bricks or stones below it from water damage.
- Chimney relining entails replacing the flue liner to protect the external masonry from the heat and corrosive elements of fireplace smoke.
- Smoke chamber parging is the process of smoothing out a smoke chamber with mortar to make it more conducive to proper airflow and draft.
Signs You Need Chimney Restoration
Contact our chimney rebuilding company if you notice any of these problems:
- A cracked chimney crown is often the first sign of a deteriorating chimney. Act fast to repair the problem and prevent further damage.
- Spalling, or the peeling and flaking of masonry, can be seen from the outside. This is a sign that moisture has entered the chimney and is weakening the masonry.
- Damaged mortar joints expose more of the masonry to moisture, which accelerates the deterioration of the entire chimney. Masonry restoration is needed to prevent bricks and stones from falling out.
- Missing bricks or stones weaken the chimney structure. If left unrepaired, the entire chimney could collapse.
- A leaning chimney puts stress on the surrounding building structures. If the internal lining tears, smoke and fumes could exhaust into the upper story.
- Shaling, or the presence of chimney tile shavings in the fireplace, indicates that the flue liner is damaged. A chimney inspection is necessary to analyze the problem areas and devise a repair plan.
Why Choose Chimney.com for Chimney Restoration in MD, DC & VA?
Your chimney is only as strong as the design, materials, and techniques used to build it. That’s why it’s critical to rely on experts for your chimney rebuilding project. At Chimney.com, we are a fully licensed and insured company offering a complete line of chimney and fireplace services. Whether you need chimney restoration, chimney cleaning, or a gas fireplace conversion, we have you covered. Here’s what sets us apart:
- We have been in business for over 30 years.
- We are one of the only chimney companies in Maryland licensed by WSSC, which is required to reline furnace flues or work on gas appliances.
- We guarantee the quality of our work and can provide numerous references.
- We are a multiple Super Service Award winner from Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor.
- We complete our work on time, using the highest quality parts.
- We offer free estimates to get your project started on the right foot.
Count on the skilled technicians at Chimney.com for all your chimney and fireplace needs! To schedule chimney rebuilding and restoration in the DC metro area, please contact us today.
Where Are Chimney Services Available?
Our service area includes most of Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC. Here’s a partial list of cities we serve.
- College Park
- Great Falls
- Chevy Chase
- Ellicott City
- West Friendship
- North Laurel
- Silver Spring
- Washington DC
Don’t see your city listed? We may still offer chimney services in your area – contact us to inquire!
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.