Chimney Services in Chevy Chase, MD
Before lighting your fireplace this winter, ensure your chimney is in working condition. At Chimney.com, with over 30 years of industry experience, we proudly continue to build on our legacy of providing superior chimney services to Chevy Chase and surrounding residents. Our chimney specialists are highly trained and fully licensed to deliver quality craftsmanship using premium materials for safe, reliable use. We specialize in restoring, maintaining, and repairing all types of chimneys.
Chimneys work to vent smoke, embers, and other particles up and out of your home so that you can safely enjoy an indoor fire. Having your chimney inspected, repaired, or maintained before using your fireplace ensures that it’s effectively and efficiently heating your home without exposing you and your family to carbon monoxide or putting you at risk of accidental chimney fires from creosote buildup. Our services include:
- Cleaning: Chimneys exposed to the outdoor environment and fires that result in creosote buildup over time. To keep your fireplace working properly, it’s recommended to have your system thoroughly cleaned and cleared of debris, fire-inducing buildup, and other waste that can lead to unsafe fireplace function.
- Inspections: To keep your system operating as it should, our expert chimney inspectors will take a detailed look at your chimney to ensure the parts are fit for use. We service masonry fireplaces, prefab fireplaces, gas fireplaces, and more.
- Repairs: A working chimney can reach temperatures of 1,000 degrees. Constant exposure to high temperatures will eventually lead to worn or broken parts. We’re equipped to handle all your chimney needs with comprehensive brick repairs, chimney repointing and mortar joint repairs, chimney mortar crown repairs, and chimney flex crown repairs.
- Restoration: Our professionals offer full or partial restoration for older chimneys to get your fireplace roaring once more.
- Damper replacement: Dampers are critical in maintaining a safe, reliable system. Get your broken or damaged damper replaced for safe use when you enlist the services of a Chimney.com expert.
Signs Your Need Chimney Services
Your chimney is stressed by burning fires throughout the cold months in Chevy Chase. Being a responsible fireplace user means being aware of the signs that your fireplace needs professional attention. Symptoms you need inspection include:
- White staining on your chimney
- Deteriorating mortar joints
- Damaged chimney crown
- Spalling bricks
- Rusted firebox or damper
- Shaking flue tiles
Fireplace Relining Services
One of the most hardworking components of your chimney is the flue liner — the duct that runs the length of your chimney and expels smoke and hazardous gasses. Cast-in-place and clay tile liners have a life span of up to 50 years, while stainless steel liners can give you 15 to 20 years of service. Chimney liners become cracked or damaged due to constant heat, no maintenance, environmental exposure, or time. This can lead to carbon monoxide leaks that travel back into your home. If your home hasn’t been relined in decades, it’s time to schedule your next appointment.
Appliance Relining Services
We don’t stop at relining services for your chimney! We have your appliances covered, too. Chimney.com is one of the only chimney companies in the metropolitan area licensed by WSSC to perform service on or reline gas appliances. We provide:
Why Choose Us?
Chimney.com employs the best in the business to provide quality craftsmanship that you can depend on for years to come. We understand the importance of providing safe, reliable, and long-lasting chimney services because we are the chimney experts. Our company only uses premium chimney materials, offers free estimates, and has been recognized across major consumer platforms like Angi and HomeAdvisor.
Subpage Sidebar Form
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.