Chimney Services in McLean, VA
Before getting ready for a warm winter fire, inspect your chimney for safe and reliable use. At Chimney.com, we provide residential and commercial chimney services using premium materials and equipment to prepare your chimney for the cold season. With fully licensed, bonded, and insured services performed by top-rated technicians, Chimney.com guarantees that the quality of our work will be measured in the years of use you get out of your chimney.
Your chimney comprises many working parts, and we service them all. Our technicians are skilled and equipped with the expertise to provide comprehensive chimney care services to meet your needs, no matter how extensive your repair requirements are.
- Cleaning: Creosote buildup can lead to fires! That’s why we offer detailed cleaning on your chimney to remove deposits and leave your chimney working efficiently. We will vacuum your firebox, clean your smoke chambers, and ensure all other parts of your chimney are clear and free of buildup.
- Inspections: Inspection is essential to ensure the safety of your chimney. We inspect masonry chimneys, prefab chimneys, gas chimneys, all wood stoves, furnaces, boilers, and water heaters.
- Repairs: Your chimney will need repairs from use and weather-related damages. Whatever your chimney-related repair needs are, we’ve got you covered with our wide range of repair services.
- Restoration: The structural integrity of older chimneys can be compromised by leaks, cracks, and weather-related damages to bricks, mortar, and other working parts. Our restoration specialists can get your chimney fire-ready in no time.
- Damper replacement: Your chimney’s damper sits above your fireplace and prevents cool or warm air within your home from escaping. If your damper is damaged, we provide damper replacements to restore your home’s heating efficiency.
Signs You Need Chimney Services
It’s not always easy spotting the signs for chimney services, but they are there. While getting your chimney professionally inspected for damages or repair services is best, you can use the checklist below to determine if your chimney needs professional attention.
Signs that your chimney needs repairs:
- Cracked or damaged chimney crown
- Cracks in mortar joints
- Spalling bricks
- White staining
- Paint and wallpaper damage inside of your home
Fireplace Relining Services
A flue liner, often called a chimney liner, prevents smoke and unwanted gasses from entering your home. The flexible tubing runs the length of your chimney and promotes better energy efficacy and airflow. Chimney.com provides comprehensive chimney relining services for stainless steel, clay tile, and cast-in-place liners to keep your fireplace burning bright without worrying about chimney fires or hazardous gas leaks.
Appliance Relining Services
At Chimney.com, we’re one of the only chimney companies in the metropolitan area licensed by WSSCO to reline furnace flues and provide gas fitter services. This means our technicians are trained and certified to provide appliance relining services for all major household appliances that require ventilation and liners in your home. We provide relining services on:
- Water heaters: Water heaters require liners that help protect you and your family from hot embers and carbon monoxide exposures. Stainless steel liners are an industry-leading option for appliance relining.
- Furnaces: To increase efficiency and reduce the risk of exposure to fuel gasses, your furnace liner must be in good condition.
- Boilers: Like your water heater and furnace, your boiler requires a flue liner that isn’t damaged to protect your home from escaped gasses that can be fatal.
The Benefits of Relining Services
To extend the life of your appliances, increase their efficiency, and provide services you can safely depend on, we recommend getting your appliances and chimney liners replaced if you notice mildew, leaks around your water heaters, ceiling stains, damaged bricks and mortar, or clipped and flaking paint near your fireplace. Not only can this help prevent further damage to your appliances and chimney, but it also ensures your and your family’s safety. Benefits include:
- Preventing carbon monoxide poison leaks and exposures
- Improve your home’s heating efficiency
- Preventing chimney fires
- Providing optimal airflow for smoke flowing out
Why Choose Us?
At Chimney.com, our technicians are committed to unparalleled customer service grounded in respect for you, your home, and your family. Our expert technicians have been recognized with multiple super service awards from major consumer review platforms such as Angi and HomeAdvisor. When you enlist the services of a chimney specialist, you can expect quality work that is performed on time by technicians that take great pride in their craftsmanship.
We care about the quality of our work and the relationship we built together. Call (307) 761-2228 or contact us online and speak to a technician about your chimney needs.
What is creosote & how does it affect my chimney?
Creosote is a buildup of a black tar-like residue that forms in your chimney and can result in fires. To protect your home from the risk of a chimney fire, we recommend that you get your chimney maintained and cleaned annually to remove creosote before the buildup becomes dangerous.
What can I expect during a chimney cleaning?
When a Chimney.com cleaning specialist comes to clean your chimney, you can expect a thorough cleaning service that will leave your chimney working like new. A professional will remove soot and creosote deposits, clean the smoke chamber, and vacuum the firebox to prepare you for a roaring fire.
Why are chimney inspections necessary?
A chimney inspection allows you to get an idea of what is happening inside your chimney. To ensure the safety of your chimney and all its working parts, we recommend that you get an annual inspection.
What should I do if there is an animal in my chimney?
At Chimney.com, we provide animal removal services to keep critters out of your chimney with safe and human removal practices. Call us immediately if you believe an animal has accidentally found its way into your chimney.
Subpage Sidebar Form
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.