Chimney Services in Potomac, MD
If you’re excited about a roaring fire this winter, it’s time to prepare your chimney and venting system for safe and reliable warmth you can trust. Chimney.com provides residential and business chimney services in the Potomac area to clean, maintain, and repair your chimney using the highest-quality material on the market. With over 30 years of industry experience, we are only one of the only chimney companies in the metropolitan area licensed by WSSC to perform service on or reline gas appliances.
For comprehensive chimney services that you can rely on, call (301) 989-3300 or contact us online to speak with a chimney specialist today!
Our all-inclusive services see every aspect of your chimney to ensure that it directs smoke out of your home as intended. From cleaning to inspections, Chimney.com professionals have the experience, skills, and professional-grade equipment necessary to perform quality chimney work.
- Cleaning: We remove soot and creosote deposits, vacuum your firebox, and clean out your smoke chambers to help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning and improve heating efficiency.
- Inspections: We conduct inspections for residential and commercial properties on various fireplaces: masonry, prefab, gas, all wood stoves, furnace, boiler, and water heaters.
- Repairs: From brick repairs to mortar crown repairs, there isn’t a part of your chimney that we can’t provide repair options and solutions for.
- Restoration: For old chimneys that have cracks, water leaks, and other damage, our expert restoration specialists can help rebuild and restore the structural integrity of your chimney so you can enjoy your fireplace throughout the years.
- Damper replacement: An integral part of your chimney is the damper, which prevents your home’s air from escaping when your fireplace is not in use. We provide inspection and replacement on dampers to keep your home’s energy efficiency high.
Call (301) 989-3300 or contact us online to schedule chimney services in the Potomac, MD, area today!
Signs You Need Chimney Services
Having your chimney regularly maintained is the best way to address your chimney repair needs with preventative care. However, there are signs you can look for that signal that you require professional chimney services.
Be on the lookout for:
- White staining
- Deterioration in mortar joints
- Spalling bricks
- Damage to the chimney crown
- Paint and wallpaper damage
Fireplace Relining Services
Your chimney liner takes all the heat. It channels all the smoke and unwanted gasses out of your home and through the chimney system to protect you and your family. Chimney liners also work to prevent combustible materials from catching fire. A deteriorating line means that your chimney is not safe for use. At Chimney.com, we provide comprehensive chimney relining services for stainless steel liners, clay tile liners, and cast-in-place liners.
Appliance Relining Services
Our relining services extend to appliances too. Our technicians are trained and certified to provide appliance relining services to ensure that all vents for major appliances within your home are in working condition.
We provide relining services on:
- Water heaters: If you’re experiencing leaks around your water heater, notice damp spots on the walls, or spot ceiling stains, your flue may need relining.
- Furnaces: Furnace flue liners keep your furnace working efficiently and effectively to keep you warm and safely vent fuel gasses. A damaged liner is a dangerous one.
- Boilers: To reduce the risk of carbon monoxide leaks in your home, inspect your boiler to determine if the lining needs relining.
Contact us online or call (301) 989-3300 for fireplace or appliance relining services for your Potomac home today!
The Benefits of Relining Services
Relining your appliance increases efficiency, confirms safety status, and gives you peace of mind. The risk of exposure to hazardous gasses from a cracked or damaged liner is high and can hurt your chimney or appliances. To protect your family and home, we recommend having a chimney inspection to determine the condition of your liner before sitting back and enjoying the warmth of a winter fire.
Why Choose Us?
Since 1989, Chimney.com has provided Maryland with outstanding fireplace and chimney services to homeowners and businesses in the surrounding area. Our commitment to quality craftsmanship is matched by our respect for you, your family, and your property. We complete each project on time with premium materials and provide licensed, bonded, and insured service. We’re committed to quality work that will keep your chimney functioning safely for years.
Call (301) 989-3300 or contact us online to get a free estimate from our chimney technicians in Potomac on your chimney restoration, replacement, relining, or repair project!
What is creosote & how does it affect my chimney?
Creosote is a buildup of a black tar-like residue that forms in your chimney from smoke that doesn’t entirely escape. Creosote has three stages, ranging from minimal deposits that are easily cleaned to the concentrated tar-like substance that restricts airflow and causes damage to your chimney liner.
What is carbon monoxide poisoning?
If your chimney isn’t venting gasses out of your home as it should, you risk carbon monoxide exposure to you and your family. This odorless gas is responsible for the accidental death of over 400 people per year in the United States.
Why is there smoke coming into my home when I use my fireplace?
A smoky fireplace signals a liner issue. If your liner isn’t fitted to your fireplace or if your liner is cracked or damaged, it can allow for a back-draft of gasses and smoke to enter your home. This could also be a damper issue! Call for a specialist to determine the source of the problem.
What is spalling & how can it affect my home?
Weather exposed chimney bricks lock in moisture and eventually flake and fall apart. However, this depends on the quality of your brick-and-mortar craftsmanship. Spalling can lead to chimney collapse, mold, or structural damage to other parts of your home.
Subpage Sidebar Form
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.