Fireplace Services in Alexandria, VAThere are many reasons to invest in maintaining, installing, or repairing a fireplace. Fireplaces are the only warm and inviting heating source that elevates the look and feel of any space while providing energy efficiency. For more than 30 years, Chimney.com has been proud to serve Alexandria and its surrounding area with our award-winning residential and commercial fireplace services. We offer quality craftsmanship, premium materials, and satisfaction guaranteed. We service residential and commercial fireplaces. Contact us online or call (301) 989-3300 to speak to a licensed and insured professional about your fireplace needs!
Gas Fireplace InstallationsIf you’re looking for the warmth and luxury of a fireplace with low maintenance requirements, then a gas fireplace is the one for you. Gas fireplaces can be installed almost anywhere in your home or business, with or without any existing fireplace structure. Unlike traditional fireplaces, gas fireplaces are not wood-burning and offer the convenience and affordability of a fire without the cleanup and the dangers of toxic fumes or open flames. Our specialists at Chimney.com are one of the only companies in the metropolitan area licensed by WSSC Master Plumber and Gasfitter to perform gas fireplace installation and gas appliance relining. We provide the following gas fireplace installation services:
- Direct vent fireplaces: Considered the safest option for keeping carbon dioxide from entering your home, direct vent fireplaces pull fresh air from outside of your home into a sealed box. The cool air from your home is then warmed separately and blown back into the room. These fireplaces offer more heat efficiency than ventless fireplaces.
- Ventless fireplaces: These are smaller in build and offer better fuel efficiency. They work by using the interior air for combustion, releasing all the heat back into your space.
- Wood-burning fireplace conversion using gas logs: Converting a wood fireplace to a gas fireplace can be done using gas logs if a gas source is available. If not, our certified professionals can install the necessary lines and inspect your fireplace to determine if it can safely burn gas.
- Converting a wood fireplace using a gas insert: For this installation, a contained metal box is installed into the existing masonry cavity or fireplace to transform your wood fireplace into a gas fireplace. This option heats efficiently and requires no cleanup like traditional wood fireplaces.
Gas Fireplace Repairs in AlexandriaGas fireplaces are like any other appliance. They can break or malfunction. Some issues with your gas fireplace can be resolved by changing the remote batteries, relighting the pilot light, or a simple thermostat adjustment. Other issues require more comprehensive care. Whether it’s a clogged burner or a faulty electrical part, our local experts in Alexandria are ready to repair your gas fireplace and restore comfort with our exceptional service. Signs you need professional gas fireplace repairs:
- Strange odors: Some smells are typical for a new gas fireplace, such as off-gassing, which produces the harmless but strange smell of factory paint burning off. However, any smell resembling rotting eggs is a dangerous sign of natural gas leaks. This requires immediate action. Shut off your gas fireplace, call your local utility provider, and reach out to Chimney.com for a professional fireplace repair specialist.
- Soot buildup: Soot build can signal clogged burners, a poorly situated firebox, an obstructed chimney, and poor airflow. Finding the right solution requires the help of a certified technician.
- Cloudy glass: The real beauty of a fire can only be experienced if felt and seen. After years of using your gas fireplace, it is common for the glass to become cloudy with mineral buildup. An expert can help restore your glass to its original state with professional cleaning.
- Unusual noises: Listen for strange roaring, grinding, or rumbling noises coming from your gas fireplace. These sounds could indicate repair assistance is necessary for your burners, blowers, or pilot light.
Fireplace MaintenanceWhile gas fireplaces aren’t as demanding as wood fireplaces, they still require routine maintenance to run safely and prolong service life. Enlisting the help of a Chimney.com professional ensures that all working parts of your gas fireplace system are functioning without carbon monoxide or gas leaks, which is especially essential for ventless fireplaces. Our professionals also inspect your chimney to ensure it is clear of any obstructions to continue providing reliable heat for your home or workspace. Do you own a gas fireplace? Contact us online or call (301) 989-3300 to schedule routine maintenance for your gas fireplace today!
Fireplace ReliningRelining your chimney keeps your gas fireplace running safely and efficiently. Chimney liners cover the length of your chimney and contain all fumes, including carbon monoxide, from entering your space. At Chimney.com, our gas fireplace service experts will ensure that your fireplace is retrofitted with stainless steel liners to meet the residential and commercial regulation requirements of running a gas fireplace.
Contact Us for Fireplace Services in AlexandriaAt Chimney.com, our core values are founded on providing quality service with premium materials. Our team has been recognized by Angi and HomeAdvisor for our dedication to cleaning, relining, rebuilding, inspecting, installing, maintaining, and covering all your chimney service needs. But don’t just take out word for it. Let our consumer reviews tell you exactly why Chimney.com professionals provide the best care around. Considering a gas fireplace for your home or business? Contact us online or call (301) 989-3300, and our local professionals in Alexandria will install all the necessary parts to get your gas fireplace up and running.
Subpage Sidebar Form
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.