Gas Line Repair in Silver Spring, MD
While natural gas leaks are rare, any complication with your gas line can be nerve-racking. After all, this flammable gas could cause a fire or explosion if exposed to a spark or flame. Natural gas is also toxic, causing nausea, dizziness, or asphyxia at high enough concentrations.
To avoid a life-threatening situation, you must know what to do if you experience problems with your gas line. If you suspect a gas leak, evacuate the building immediately. Then, reach out to Chimney.com for fast, affordable gas line repair. Our experienced technicians will make your home or business safe again, with guaranteed services for your peace of mind.
To schedule gas line repair in Silver Spring, MD or the surrounding area, please contact us today.
Common Gas Line Problems
Having a natural gas line installed in your home allows you to enjoy cost-effective and convenient fuel delivery straight to your appliances, grill, or fireplace. A vast majority of the time, gas lines operate correctly and safely with no risk to your home or family. However, natural gas lines do occasionally have problems. Here are the potential issues that could arise with your gas line:
- Cracks: Natural gas pipes may crack with age or become damaged if they are struck with a shovel. To prevent a leak, always dial 811 to locate buried pipes and wires before you dig.
- Loose joints and connections: Damaged joints or improperly installed connections may come loose over time, leading to dangerous leaks.
- Pipe blockages: Contaminant buildup or debris at the access point can cause blockages, resulting in appliance malfunctions.
- Valve issues: Partially closed valves may block the natural gas flow, while a leaky valve could create a safety hazard.
No matter what gas line problems you’re having, trust the team at Chimney.com to set things right. Call us today or contact us online to request service.
Signs of a Gas Leak
The distinct smell of rotten eggs or sulfur is the most noticeable sign of a gas leak. Utility providers add a substance called mercaptan to natural gas, making the otherwise odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas detectable in case of leaks.
Other common signs of a gas leak include:
- Hissing noises coming from a gas line
- Odd behavior from gas-fired appliances, such as a strange flame color or “spitting” flame
- Kicked up dust or debris near a gas line
- Sudden houseplant wilting or death
Here’s what to do if you smell gas or notice other signs of a gas leak:
- Turn off all gas appliances.
- Don’t light a match, flip on a light switch, or do anything involving a spark or open flame.
- Open the windows and doors to air out the interior.
- Evacuate all people and pets from the building.
- Call the fire department for help.
- Call your utility provider to report the problem.
- Call Chimney.com to schedule gas line repair.
Never hesitate to contact us about a gas line problem you’re having. We are always happy to help!
Why Choose Us for Gas Line Repair in Silver Spring, MD?
Chimney.com is a full-service chimney and fireplace company licensed by WSSC to complete residential and commercial natural gas services. We have been repairing natural gas lines for over 30 years, so we’re confident we can perform the services you need to your satisfaction. Rest assured that we are licensed, bonded, and insured in the State of Maryland. We’re also happy to provide free repair estimates and references upon request.
To schedule gas line repair with our knowledgeable team, please contact us today. We proudly serve Silver Spring, MD and the surrounding areas.
Subpage Sidebar Form
What Your Neighbors Have to Say
It went very well. I was impressed that none of the technicians attempted to "sell" any product. The advice was sound but not pushy. He gave advice but indicated that there was no immediate...Washington, DC Senora S.
Fast, courteous, on-time service by a seasoned professional who didn't do the hard sell, just informed (with photographs of the interior of my chimney) us of the condition of our more than ...Silver Spring, MD Eugene K.
I was looking for someone to inspect my gas fireplace. I purchased the house a couple of years ago and was unsure when it was last looked at. Through Angie’s list, I found Chimney.Com whi...Melissa A.
The technician was very punctual and courteous. He did a thorough inspection of the fireplace and gave us an inspection report with tips for ongoing maintenance of the fireplace. We felt we...Fairfax, VA Prathap H.